The Connecticut Army National Guard has a lot to offer. Not only will members receive the opportunity to serve their country, state and community, but they will also get the chance to travel, try new and exciting adventures and meet new people. Additionally, there are many cash incentives and benefits available to members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The Guard offers a series of benefits ranging from competitive pay and education assistance to insurance and retirement benefits. A broad range of skills is learned through schools and job training, and leadership opportunities are numerous. Beyond these tangible benefits, most Guard members agree that the greatest benefit is the opportunity to serve their country, state and community.
- 100% Tuition Assistance
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill Kicker
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Programs and Incentives
- Guard Recruiting Assistance Program (G-RAP)
- GEN Plus Program
- Split Option Training Program
- Stripes for Buddies Program
- College Credits for Promotion
The Connecticut Army National Guard offers a variety of other benefits for Guard members and retirees.
- TRICARE Health Insurance
- $400,000 Life Insurance Coverage
- Free Serviceman's Group Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance coverage
- Eligibility for VA home loans and benefits
- Post Exchange and Commissary privileges
- Free space - available air travel
- 20-year retirement with medical benefits
- Property tax exemptions
- Recreation facilities
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Fully funded active duty job training
Contact your local recruiter to learn more about available benefits and eligibility requirements.